Mount Hanang Climbing
Mount Hanang is a mountain in Tanzania. The peak has an elevation of 3,420m above sea level.Hanang is located in Manyara Region, Hanang District. It is (after Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru and Mount Loolmalasin) the fourth-highest mountain in Tanzania.
- The principal path to the summit starts in the town of Katesh.
- The climb can be done in one day (8-10 hours daytime), but it is also common for climbers to spend one night in a tented camp on the mountain and reach the summit on the second day
- The animals present are klipspringer, velvet monkeys, bush pigs, olive baboons, spotted hyena, leopards and a variety of snakes, Hedgehog, Blue-tailed skink , chameleon, birds and insects
- The reserve is used as an important worshiping area for Barbaig and Iraqw tribes the natives of Hanang District
- The climb is doable and totally worth .
- By road from Arusha, Dodoma, Babati, Singida,
- By chartered flight to nearby city and then drive to Katesh Hanang district
Good to Know
Best Time To Visit
- Throughout the year.
- Mountain Trekking
- Walking Safari
- Culture tourism
- Birding Safari
- Salt extractions
- Authentic Africa Homestay Experience
- The place offer only friendly budget guesthouse, lodge, campsite and homestay