Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing
The highest freestanding mountain of the world and the largest mountain of Africa, Kilimanjaro is home to a magnificent national park which is also considered as the seven wonders of Africa. The park is located near Moshi town and is listed as one of the World Heritage Sites recognized by UNESCO in 1987.
Mount Kilimanjaro national park is one of the compelling beauties of East Africa and one of the world’s most accessible high summits, a beacon for visitors from around the world.
- Kilimanjaro it is considered the second most visited national parks in Tanzania.
- The Kilimanjaro national park covers an area of 1,688 square Kilometers.
- The park offers breathtaking views as well as home to many wild animals which include tree hyrax, grey duiker, bushbuck, red duiker, Cape buffaloes, Elephants, blue monkeys, western black and white colobuses, and leopards.
- The park comes under the administration of Tanzania National Parks Authority (TANAPA).
- The national park is counted as the paradise for the birders as there are almost around 150 species of birds that can be spotted.
- It is estimated that between 35,000 and 50,000 peopleattempt to climb Mount Kilimanjaro each year
- The park receives many wildlife and bird lovers
- The national park located 300 Kilometres (190mi) south of the equator andin Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania. Near the city of Moshi and Arusha
Good to Know
Best time to visit
Throughout the year
The national park offers a number of activities to the tourists, such as:
- Kilimanjaro Climbing,
- Bird watching,
- Wildlife viewing
- Culture tour, Cycling