Pemba Island Beach
Referred as blue hues and shifting sands, also is well known for its clove industry, and this distillery is where the clove stems are turned into essential oil. Pemba Island is a part of Tanzania’s Zanzibar Archipelago, off the coast of East Africa. It’s hilly and lush vegetated, while much of the coast is lined with mangroves and lagoons, interspersed with idyllic beaches and islets. Offshore, coral reefs some of East Africa’s best diving and the Misali Island is home to the Fischer's turaco, a colorful rare bird. Commonly known as the flying fox, Pemba’s only endemic mammal is a large and critically endangered bat (Pteropus voeltzkowi), called popo in Swahili.
Good to Know
Best Time To Visit
• The best time to travel is during dry season from June through to late October
• Few showers during November through until March
• Heavy rains during April to May, and many lodges do closing during this period
• Beach Holiday
• Dine out, Honeymoon
• Spice Farm & rain forest tour,
• Diving center, fishing, Kayaking & Snorkeling
• Day trip to Pemba Misali by boat from Wesha.
• Bird watching, over 180 bird species both migratory and indigenous
• Visit Clove oil Factor, Chwaka runs, Pemba Museum & Kidike Flying fox tour
Range from is fairly basic especially in the towns, and high end (Luxury) and remarkable exceptions on the coast. Obvious referred as destination for the luxury traveler with a unique underwater room at The Manta Resort.